Friday 14 February 2014

Romantic Coordinate Ideas

Lolita Blog Carnival is here again! This week's theme was "romantic coordinate ideas" and I wished I could have made a really thorough entry on it, but a nasty cold virus decided otherwise; I was half dead for most part of the week and still feel a bit tired, so I'm just going to throw together one coord with some ideas on what I find romantic (not in the historical meaning of the word, mind). Apologies, I might come back to this theme one day because I really wish to put a bit more energy into it!


Things I find romantic: light colours/pastel colours, lace, bonnets, roses, flower prints, spring, melting snow.

Outfit rundown:

JSK: selfmade
Skirt: selfmade
Bolero: made by Hui Lai Lee
Bonnet: Mrs Parker's Millinery & Mercantile
Boots: Bodyline
All else: offbrand/vintage

Other blogs partaking in the theme: 



6 comments:

  1. You look so cute and you are so handy. The JSK look really great :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! :3 It's actually quite an old piece, I've been thinking I should re-draw the pattern and make a new version - this time with a slightly larger hem (hems can never be too full)...

      Delete
  2. The location of your picture is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our back garden is cozy, although right now there's very little to see there. It's my favourite place for photos. ^^

      Delete
  3. I have zero recollection of ever making that bolero (?) but if you say so... :D Anyway I love this outfit and I should dress in lolita more often. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from you at the same time I bought the light green corduroy skirt + capelet set, I think. At least I distinctly seem to remember you mentioning that you'd do the ties of the bolero differently if you made it again. :D

      Delete